Before delving into the process of creating a Public Profile on Snapchat, here are some essential points to be aware of:
- Others will have the ability to discover and follow your Snapchat Public Profile.
- The user should be a minimum of 18 years old to proceed.
- Your Snapchat account needs to be at least 24 hours old and free from any violations of community standards.
- You must have at least one user who has added you as a friend.
- It’s important to note that the Public Profile feature on Snapchat might not be available in every region. If you are unable to find it, this feature might not be accessible in your area.
Snapchat isn’t just about sharing photos with friends and family anymore. Did you know you can make your snaps public for anyone to view? Snapchat introduces the Public Profile feature, which used to be exclusively for verified accounts, but now it’s accessible to everyone. So, let’s dive into the steps to create a Public Profile on Snapchat using either an iPhone or an Android phone.
Understanding the Concept of a Public Profile on Snapchat
In the Snapchat realm, your photos and videos are typically confined to the circle of friends you’ve added. However, this dynamic has expanded to accommodate businesses promoting products and celebrities amassing fans via Public Profiles. And now, you can also revel in the notion of cultivating your own fan base.
A Snapchat Public Profile introduces you to a broader audience, appearing on the app’s Search, Browse, and Snapchat Spotlight sections. Beyond visibility, this feature equips you with an array of tools to distinguish your profile. Other users can readily follow you, with your follower count proudly displayed. Remarkably, you maintain the privilege of privately sharing stories exclusively with friends, ensuring the selectivity of shared content.
Also Read: What Does Time Sensitive Mean On Snapchat?
Reasons to Consider Getting a Public Profile on Snapchat
As previously mentioned, opting for a Public Profile can significantly expand your audience reach. However, the benefits extend far beyond this initial growth. Here’s why having a Public Profile on Snapchat can be advantageous:
- Audience Growth: A Public Profile opens the door to a wider audience, allowing you to connect with more users who share interests in your content.
- Enhanced Profile: Customize your Public Profile with a bio, business details, location information, subscription options, and a link to your website. This provides a comprehensive snapshot of your online presence.
- Public Stories and Highlights: Enjoy the freedom to share public stories and highlights of your snaps. This lets you showcase your content to a broader community.
- E-commerce Links: Seamlessly integrate shopping links to your e-commerce site, giving your audience direct access to your products or services.
- Snapchat Lenses: Unleash your creativity by designing your own Snapchat Lenses, adding a personalized touch to your content.
- Data Insights: Similar to professional accounts on Instagram, Snapchat furnishes you with data insights about your content’s audience. This includes demographics, view counts, and view durations, providing valuable insights into your followers’ preferences.
- Segmented Friends List: You can create a friends list to distinguish them from your subscribers. This prevents any overlap while sharing private stories, ensuring your content is shared with the intended audience.
In essence, a Public Profile offers a dynamic platform for showcasing your content, engaging with a broader audience, and obtaining invaluable insights into your audience’s interactions.
Creating a Public Profile on Snapchat: iPhone and Android
If you’re ready to establish a Public Profile on Snapchat, follow these steps whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android device:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down within your profile settings.
- Locate and tap on the option labeled “Create Public Profile.”
- Upon tapping the “Create Public Profile” option, a new page will seamlessly emerge. On this page, you’ll encounter the choices “Continue” and “Get Started.” Opt for these options to proceed with the setup process.
- Lastly, conclude the process by tapping the “Create” button. This action will bring your efforts to fruition, resulting in the successful creation of your Public Profile.
As a result of tapping “Create,” a public profile will be established on Snapchat. To access your freshly created public profile, navigate to the “My Public Profile” option. Within this section, you’ll have the ability to customize your profile and view all your posted content.
In a remarkably straightforward process, you can swiftly create a Public Profile with just a few clicks. Furthermore, you retain the flexibility to make subsequent modifications to enhance the attractiveness of your profile to potential followers.
Editing Your Snapchat Public Profile: iPhone and Android
After successfully configuring your Public Profile, a world of exciting features awaits. This enables you to augment your profile’s visibility for your fans. You can integrate a cover photo, craft a captivating bio, and share other pertinent public details.
Moreover, the Highlights and Lenses features empower you to craft premium content that garners more views. Subscribers have the capability to report, recommend, and share your profile. Therefore, refining and editing your profile becomes pivotal in enhancing its allure.
To make edits, follow these steps on both iPhone and Android devices:
- Begin by accessing your profile, which can be done by tapping your Bitmoji.
- Subsequently, tap on “My Public Profile.”
- Among the options presented, select “Edit.”
Exploring Your Range of Options
As you delve into this segment, a multitude of choices lie before you. Let’s delve into each of them, providing a closer examination:
Adding or Changing Your Profile Picture:
- Tap the camera icon and select a picture from your Camera Roll.
- Confirm your choice by tapping “Save Changes.”
Crafting a Bio:
- Opt for the text box marked “Tap to add Bio.”
- Construct a concise description about yourself within the 150-character limit.
Displaying Your Location:
- Access “Location” and input your City, State/Province, and Country.
- Once complete, return to the “Edit Profile” page.
Revealing Your Follower Count:
- Snapchat empowers you to showcase the tally of your followers.
- Activate this feature by toggling the “Show Subscriber Count” option.
Previewing Your Profile:
- Upon implementing all desired changes, engage “Preview Profile.”
Saving a Story or Spotlight to Your Snapchat Public Profile
To preserve a story or Spotlight content on your Snapchat Public Profile, follow these steps:
- Begin by accessing your profile through your Bitmoji. Tap on it to proceed.
- Within your profile, tap on “My Public Profile.”
- Now, locate and tap on “Save a Story to Your Profile.”
- Choose a snap or image from your camera roll that you wish to save.
- Once selected, tap “Select.” This will lead you to a Review page.
- If desired, choose “Edit” to reorganise or eliminate any pictures from the selection.
- After editing your selection, tap “Next.”
- Provide a suitable title and select a cover for your newly created highlight.
- Once satisfied with your choices, tap “Finish.”
Enhancing Your Public Profile with Lenses
Incorporating Lenses into your Snapchat Public Profile can be achieved through the following process:
- Design a lens using Lens Studio.
- Once your lens is created, upload it on the platform.
- Upon successful publication, Snapchat will automatically integrate it within the Lens tab of your Public Profile.
Sharing Your Snapchat Public Profile
To spread the word about your Public Profile on Snapchat, adhere to these straightforward steps:
- Access your Snapchat Public Profile.
- Tap the three-dots icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Choose the option “Share Profile.”
- Select “Share Profile URL.”
- As previously indicated, after choosing “Share Profile,” tap on “Share Profile URL.”
- This will prompt a share sheet to open, showcasing a range of app choices for sharing the link.
- From the list of available apps, select the one you prefer to use for sharing the link.