Best Academic Advising Software
Academic advising software helps advisors guide student success, primarily in higher education and high schools. This EdTech tool streamlines advising by centralizing student data, degree planning, communication, appointment scheduling, and more. Key benefits include:
- Accessing student records and performance data
- Mapping out degree plans and requirements
- Scheduling advising sessions and office hours
- Email/messaging with students
- Tracking student progress and outcomes
- Generating reports on advising metrics
Quality academic advising software integrates with school systems for easy information sharing. The centralized platform allows coordinated, data-driven advising. Adoption continues growing as schools aim to boost engagement and improve student outcomes. This guide provides an overview of academic advising software and how it enhances advising.
List of 0 Best Softwares
FAQs of Academic Advising Software
Academic advising software is a type of educational technology designed to support and enhance academic advising programs at colleges and universities. These software platforms provide tools to help advisors track student data, schedule appointments, document interactions, monitor student progress, and more.
Academic advising software can help advisors in several key ways:
- Streamline appointment scheduling and calendaring
- Maintain detailed student records and profiles
- Identify at-risk students using analytics and early alert systems
- Track student academic progress and performance
- Document and report on advising interactions and notes
- Facilitate communication with students
- Access resources and share documents
- Coordinate advising-related tasks and workflows
Key features to look for include: student tracking and analytics, appointment scheduling, notes and documentation, academic planning tools, alert/intervention capabilities, reporting, communication tools, caseload management, and integration with student information systems or LMS platforms. Prioritize the features that best match your specific advising program needs and environment.
Strategies for getting stakeholder buy-in include: Developing a needs assessment to identify advising challenges that software can address, calculating ROI and potential time/cost savings, creating an implementation and training plan, highlighting how the software can impact student retention and graduation rates, arranging software demos to showcase features, and starting with a pilot program to demonstrate value before expanding institution-wide.
Top options to explore include EAB Navigate, Hobsons Starfish, Civitas Learning, Campus Labs, Oracle Students Cloud, Anthology SSC Campus, Salesforce Education Cloud, and Aviso Retention. There are also niche solutions for specific functions like appointment scheduling, analytics, communication, or document management that can complement your tech stack.